Manager: Director of Major Gifts
Location: Austin, Texas
Position: This position is a full time/hourly position with benefits and paid time off
Schedule: This position will sometimes require work on work nights and weekends.
Salary: $19.25 – $21.00 per hour, depending on years of relevant development experience.
Built in 1915, the Paramount Theatre (1300 seats and 180+ shows a year) has served Austin for more than a century. It stands next door to the State Theatre (300 seats and 120+ shows per year), constructed in 1935. Together, as the Austin Theatre Alliance, these spaces are acoustically more intimate, visually more appealing, and historically more significant than just about any other theatre in the region. Both are contributing structures to the Congress Avenue National Historic District, and the Paramount Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The theatres continue to serve as anchors in the downtown area for performing arts events. The Paramount and State are the annual home to SXSW Film Festival, ATX Television Festival, and Paramount Summer Classic Film Series (total of 300+ film screenings) and many outreach programs. Additionally, we own and produce the annual two-week Moontower JFL Austin Comedy Festival (11 days, 150+ comics, 170+ shows, 10 venues). Each year, more than 275,000 people pass through our doors to attend live performing arts events and films.
The Major Gifts Assistant is responsible for daily administrative activities in support of Century Club, major gifts programs, and institutional gifts, such as maintaining accurate donor data, financial reporting, and contributions tracking. This position also assists in the management of the major gifts renewal cycle and acknowledgment process, helps fulfill Century Club benefits, schedules meetings, and provides timely and accurate reporting on this vital program. This position also supports capital campaign operations around gift documentation, meeting schedules and preparation, research and maintaining financial documentation internally and externally.
- Process donations and pledges for all major gifts, capital gifts, and other institutional gifts
- Assists with management of membership renewal and acknowledgement process
- Financial tracking and reporting for reconciliation, audits, pledges receivable and other financial statements as requested
- Facilitate tax acknowledgment process for all major donors
- Support major gift stewardship efforts through custom mailings, special projects, and timely communications
- Manage major donor benefit fulfillment, e.g. membership cards, film parties, and other benefit activations at performances, including but not limited to Donor Lounge invite lists, drape reports, and special touches
- Track and record all gift documentation $10,000+ for Century Club and other major contributions
- Assist throughout the year to maintain accurate information for special events, with an emphasis on tickets, tables and admissions support for the annual Gala
- Help set development meetings with donors and staff and coordinate communication
- Capital campaign support through scheduling, confirming and prepping documentation and gift summaries for donor meetings
- Draft communications and documents for Capital Campaign
- Capital campaign research and prospecting
- Other capital campaign support as needed
- Manage donor data and information in Tessitura
- Must be able to work a full shift and the required work schedule
- A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years of administrative experience is required.
- Well organized and able to multi-task and stay focused in a dynamic environment.
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment and with Tessitura a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and be able to type with speed and a high level of accuracy.
- Willing to adjust to a demanding and changing environment where different hats are worn each day and committed to and enthusiastic about ATA’s mission and programs.
- Health insurance benefits package (medical, dental, vision and Telemed).
- Company paid short- and long-term disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
- Access to covered downtown garage parking.
- Gold’s Gym membership discount.
- Countless opportunities for once-in-a-lifetime experiences at shows, festivals, galas, and beyond.
- And more!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Major Gifts Assistant.”
We’re here to inspire generations.
As a member of our team, you’ll work with passionate people dedicated to connecting and strengthening our community by showcasing unforgettable performances across genres, providing life-changing arts education programs, and dreaming up magical experiences in iconic venues that anchor and define downtown Austin.
You’ll work in an environment that’s open and transparent, a place where you are encouraged to communicate your thoughts and where the best ideas are quickly embraced and acted upon. It’s an attitude that’s informed by our core values. They help us make smart decisions, and guide our interactions with each other, our patrons, and the communities we serve.
- We revel in creating our future with radical relevance.
- We boldly take risks with decisive courage.
- We create a welcoming environment with thoughtful inclusion.
- We embrace change through constant innovation.
- We celebrate pervasive passion.